Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Making BFG:R Tyranids 1

So, for BFG:R, I have been working on some new stuff for the new Tyranid ships such as the Emergent Drone ship, the Leviathan, and the Juvenile Hive ship. My goal is to use Tyranid models and pieces I already have. I plan to make all my ships on my own and not have to buy the GW models (not that I dislike them or anything...).

First, the Emergent Drone:

At this point, it is a Carnifex head with some Hormagaunt legs and the tip of a Deathspitter. I will be using green stuff and a hot glue gun for the rest of it. I thought it would be horrible at first, but I like where it's going so far.

Next, the Juvenile Hive:

Admittedly, this will need a lot more work than the Emergent drone but I think it will work out with green stuff and hot glue. Its an old biovore with Trygon claws and an old barbed strangler tip.

More progress to come! I am also working on a Leviathan as well. Pictures later.

2 comments:

  1. They dont look bad, they difer from my philosophy but they result ;).
    Add them more green, make sure the body of the emergent don´t look like a head ;). If you want some advice with green I think I have enought experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally right. I will need to make sure they are obviously not carnifex heads. I am using a technique that I used on my bigger hive ships which is using hot glue in a certain way. I am just about to post some pictures of them.

    ReplyDelete